Terms of Sale
Please click on the button marked “Place Order”, or pay via Google Pay or Apple Pay, at the Order Confirmation section of the Website before placing your order with us (“Order”) to show that you accept them. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these Terms of Sale, you will not be able to order any Product(s) from our Website.
You may have other rights granted by mandatory law, and these Terms of Sale do not affect these except if the two are inconsistent. If this is the case then these Terms of Sale will override any other rights which you may have, unless this is not permitted by law.
We are M Hakimian & Co (T/A Yoko London) and we are a partnership. Our registered office is 63-66 Hatton Garden, Suite 25, 6th Floor, London, EC1N 8LE. Our VAT number is 330971661.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com or via telephone on 020 7025 0777.
The Websites to which these Terms of Sale apply and for which we are responsible are https://yokolondon.com.
How your contract with us is formed
Orders are submitted via the Website in the following way:
- Once you are ready to make a purchase, click on ‘add to Basket’ to add the Product you wish to purchase to your Basket. Then proceed by clicking ‘proceed to checkout’ to log into our secure servers to complete your Order.
- If this is your first purchase on the Website you will be registered as a customer with us. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. We hold a secure password file to enable you to request a reminder, should it be forgotten on future transactions. You will then be asked to input your address. The address that you register with must be the address that the card statement is sent to, however you can use a different delivery address.
- If you have already registered with us you may enter your sign in details to access your account.
- You must select your preferred method of delivery (if any delivery charges are payable these will then be added to the amount you will be charged and you will be able to review these charges before you place your Order), confirm your address and input your payment details. You may check and correct any input errors in your Order up until the point at which you submit your Order by clicking on the ‘Complete Purchase and Pay’ button.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your Order is correct before submitting it to us. If you have any problems with your Order, please call us on 020 7025 0777
- We will then send you a confirmatory email to acknowledge that we have received your Order. This is sent out automatically by us to the email address you register with us. Please note that this does not mean that your Order has been accepted. Your Order constitutes an offer by you to buy the Product(s) at the price set out in the Order.
- All Orders are subject to acceptance by us. We are not obliged to accept your Order and may, at our discretion, decline to accept your Order. You do, however, acknowledge that by clicking on the ‘Place Order’ button, you enter into an obligation to pay for the Product(s). If your order is declined, payment will be refunded to you.
- After sending you the acknowledgment email we will check to make sure we are able to fulfil your Order. Where we accept your Order, we will confirm such Order by sending you a second email confirming your Order and confirming dispatch of the Product(s) to the delivery address you have requested and giving you estimated timescales for delivery. This is sent out automatically by us to the email address you register with us. By sending you the Dispatch Email and thereby confirming and accepting your Order, the contract between us (“Contract”) is formed. After entering into the Contract, we will be under a legal duty to supply you with Products that are in conformity with the Contract.
- The Contract will relate only to those Product(s) whose dispatch has been confirmed in the Dispatch Email. We will not be obliged to supply any other Product(s) which may have formed part of your Order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Email.
- You should check both the confirmatory email and the Dispatch Email for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors.
- If there are any problems with your Order, you will be contacted by a representative from Yoko London.
Price and Payment
Prices and delivery costs are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect Orders which we have already confirmed in a Dispatch Email.
Prices are checked regularly. However, if we find the price has changed or that there has been a pricing error when we receive your Order we will contact you and ask if you wish to proceed at the correct price. If you confirm that you do wish to proceed, please remember that we will still not be under an obligation to supply the Product(s) until we have sent you the Dispatch Email confirming your Order.
The prices for the Products indicated on our Website at checkout include VAT, which may be payable in respect of the Product(s) but excludes the delivery costs which will be automatically added to the total amount due when you view your items in your Shopping Bag. If you are shopping from outside of the UK, you may be subject to local duties and taxes during import.
All payments must be made at the time of clicking ‘Place Order’. Payment for all Product(s) must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Maestro cards. If we are unable to accept your Order for any reason then we will, at our option, either reject your debit or credit card or refund any money paid by you in respect of that Order. We will not dispatch the Product(s) until we receive payment in full. Please note, it is possible that your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee. We are not responsible for this.
For payment by card, all credit and debit cardholders may be subject to authorisation and authentication. If the issuer of your payment card or our service provider refuses to, or does not for any reason authorise or validate the payment, we will not be liable in these circumstances for any delay or non-delivery in respect of the Product(s) which you have ordered as a result.
By providing the relevant information to us, you specifically authorise us to transmit or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, debit or credit card details or credit reports, to authenticate your identity and delivery address for the Product(s), validate your payment card and obtain authorisations for your payments for Product(s).
Delivery, Title and Risk
We aim to deliver Product(s) to you, to the delivery address you have requested in your Order within the time set out in our Dispatch Email but we cannot give an exact delivery date.
If we have not delivered the Product(s) within 30 days of the Contract or any other date that we have agreed with you then you may cancel the Contract and we will refund any money paid by you including any associated shipping fees.
Ownership and risk of the Product(s) will pass to you upon delivery.
Damaged or Defective Product(s)
We offer a twelve (12) month manufacturing warranty on our products. You can read the full terms of this here.
You should inspect the Product(s) when you receive them for defects or damage. If you find a defect or damage you must tell us as soon as possible and we will arrange for their return to our Customer Service Centre, at no cost to you. If the Product(s) are found to be damaged prior to delivery to you, or defective (through no fault of your own wearing or use), we will repair or replace the Product(s) or refund the price paid by you, including any delivery charges you paid, provided that you have not worn or used and damaged the Product(s). If you would prefer repair or replacement of the Product(s) please contact us and we will replace the item at no extra charge to you where this is reasonably practicable. In addition, we will either refund the cost of the return of the item to us by you or send you a prepaid parcel which you can use to return the damaged or defective item to us. Nothing in this section affects your legal rights.
Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to depict Product(s) as accurately as possible through the photographs and other images featured on the Website, some items may appear slightly larger or smaller than actual size due to screen defaults and photography techniques.
Other items may be represented at a larger than actual size in order to clearly show details, or smaller than actual size in order to show the entire item. Additionally, the detailing (such as colour, pattern and texture, etc.) you see on-screen will depend on your monitor and, as such, may not exactly reflect the actual detailing of a Product when you receive it.
Limitation of Liability
These Terms of Sale do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for:
- personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
Subject to this, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses and we shall only be liable to you for losses which you suffer as a result of a breach of these Terms of Sale by us. Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching these Terms of Sale is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaching these Terms of Sale. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your Order is accepted by us.
We are not responsible for any delay in, or failure of, performance of our obligations under any Contract arising from any cause beyond our reasonable control including any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion, failure in information technology or telecommunications services, failure of a third party (including failure to supply data) and industrial action.
Your Right to Cancel
Subject to the terms and conditions detailed herein, if you are a consumer (i.e., you are not purchasing either wholly or in part for your business or you are not a business) you have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel the Contract.
Save for Products that are damaged or faulty upon delivery, or Products that are delivered incorrectly, Yoko London will not accept for return personalised, customized or Special Order Products, or other merchandise that is specified as non-returnable at the time of purchase.
Gift recipients are entitled to a non-refundable merchandise exchange or may request that a refund is made to the purchaser of the Product(s), within 14 days. To exchange your gift selection or request that a refund is made to the purchaser please follow the instructions included with your package.
Cooling Off Period
You may cancel a Contract and receive a refund at any time before your Order is delivered, and up to 30 days afterwards, beginning on the day you purchased your Order (“Cooling Off Period”).
Notice of Cancellation
To cancel the Contract, you must clearly inform us of your intention to do so, preferably in writing:
- to 63-66 Hatton Garden, Suite 25, 6th Floor, London, EC1N 8LE;
- or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org(giving us your name, address and order reference).
Timing and Instructions for Returns
If you choose to cancel the Contract, then you must return the Product(s) to us in accordance with the instructions included in your package, which will contain instructions for the printing of a complimentary shipping label to return the Product(s).
You must return the Product(s) to us within 14 days of delivery date or within 14 days after providing notice of cancellation, in the same saleable condition in which you receive them. If you do not return the Product(s) within 14 days of purchase or 14 days of cancellation (whichever occurs first), and in accordance with the return instructions included with the Product(s), we reserve the right to collect the Product(s) from you at your cost.
You must ensure that you take reasonable care of the Product(s) while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we reserve the right to deduct the cost of any deterioration, up to the price(s) of the Product(s), from the refund to which you are otherwise entitled.
If you do not print the complimentary return shipping label, and instead choose to ship the Product(s) at your own cost, then we advise you to ensure the Product(s) are adequately insured during the return journey.
So long as the Product(s) are returned in accordance with the terms hereof, we will refund the price of the Product(s) in full (subject to any deduction we are entitled to make due to your use or damage of the Product(s). All refunds will be issued to the original form of tender within 14 days when:
- Products have not been delivered to you at the delivery address you have requested within 30 days of your Contract;
- We send you confirmation by email that your Order has been cancelled; or
- We have received the Product(s) you have returned to us in a timely manner as detailed herein, or if earlier, from the day on which we receive evidence that you have returned the Products to us in a timely manner.
Please note that nothing contained in these Terms of Sale in any way affects your statutory rights.